A Message From Our President
Important Information About the Coronavirus
At Orangetheory, we take your personal health and safety very seriously. You may have some growing concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and we wanted to put your mind at ease with some of these basic tips to stay healthy in the studio:
- Wipe down your equipment after every block, and don’t hesitate to request a new wipe whenever you need to.
- Hand-washing is your best self-defense against the spread of germs. As a backup, use the antibacterial hand sanitizer readily available to you.
- Substitute fist pumps for high fives. Please feel comfortable not participating in any bodily contact with the staff or other members if you so choose.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, are coughing or sneezing or are experiencing shortness of breath. If a member shows up with symptoms, the staff will politely ask them to leave.
- Help us by being vigilant. If you have traveled to any of the countries where there are outbreaks of the virus, please follow guidance on the CDC website.
Here are additional things we are doing to keep our studios clean and safe:
- We have instructed our coaches to be generous with antibacterial wipes and remind our members of the importance of wiping down all areas of equipment they have touched after each block.
- We have advised all staff members to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, particularly after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing their nose, coughing or sneezing.
- We have told studios to stock hand sanitizer at the front desk.
- We have directed our coaches to suspend high fives before, during and after class and use fist pumps as a safe alternative.
- Any staff members who are ill will be sent home.
We are closely monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization regarding COVID-19. We will continue to seek guidance from these agencies and public health officials, and we will update you as new information becomes available.
We are committed to making our studios a safe and enjoyable place for all. Thank you for being such a valued member of our Orangetheory family.
Best in Health,
David Carney, President